Modinagar people decide to boycott BSP candidate
Ghaziabad: Residents and daily commuters of
Modinagar area here have decided to boycott BSP candidate and
sitting MLA Rajpal Singh in the February 28 Assembly elections
alleging that he had failed to fulfill his promise of providing
direct buses to Noida and Delhi.
"Five years ago, BSP sitting MLA Rajpal Singh had
promised that at least two buses would be made available
between Modinagar and Noida in the morning, but no bus has
been provided till now. Moreover, when he was contacted, he
never returned our calls," Convener of Daily Commuters
Association, Naresh Tyagi, said on Sunday.
Tyagi said that daily commuters face a lot of problems on
this route as they have to usually travel in standing position
in the overcrowded Meerut-bound Noida buses.
"Residents have decided not to vote for BSP candidates in
Modinagar and also Muradnagar for overlooking the interest of
daily passengers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him