Modi`s fast a political gimmick: Ahmed Patel
Vadodara: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s `sadbhavna` fasts and his recent `Swami Vivekananda Yatra` were just ploys to derive political mileage, said Ahmed Patel, political secretary to Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
Addressing a meeting of Congress workers after the inauguration of party office at Bharuch today, Patel said, "People should not be mislead by Modi`s false propaganda and should bring Congress back to power in Gujarat in the elections in December."
Patel debunked Modi`s claim that his government brought piped gas to the state, saying the pipeline was in fact laid during the tenure of former Union Petroleum Minister Naval Kishore Sharma in 1989.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what