Modi`s fast a political gimmick: Ahmed Patel
Vadodara: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s `sadbhavna` fasts and his recent `Swami Vivekananda Yatra` were just ploys to derive political mileage, said Ahmed Patel, political secretary to Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
Addressing a meeting of Congress workers after the inauguration of party office at Bharuch today, Patel said, "People should not be mislead by Modi`s false propaganda and should bring Congress back to power in Gujarat in the elections in December."
Patel debunked Modi`s claim that his government brought piped gas to the state, saying the pipeline was in fact laid during the tenure of former Union Petroleum Minister Naval Kishore Sharma in 1989.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest