Modi`s policies behind farmers` suicides: Pilot
Rajkot: Union Minister for State of Communication and Information Technology Sachin Pilot blamed Narendra Modi-led BJP government`s faulty policies for farmers "taking extreme steps" in Gujarat here on Saturday.
"When the chief minister takes credit for development, he should also accept that farmers are taking such steps because of his faulty policy," he said, holding the Modi government responsible for farmers` suicides in Gujarat.
Terming Modi as an `authoritarian` leader, Pilot said that "None of the ministers in Gujarat government could dare to speak without Modi`s permission".
Pilot said that the Congress will form the government in Gujarat and that "People want change and the Congress was capable of bringing about a change in Gujarat politics".
When asked about chances of Rahul Gandhi becoming the prime minister, Pilot said that "Rahul has all abilities to become prime minister and I personally believe that he should become the prime minister".
Expressing concern over inflation, he admitted that UPA government`s steps to rein in inflation are not enough and it would have to take more concrete steps.
"The union government is working seriously to control inflation, but increasing oil prices in international market affect inflation directly and India imports about 80 per cent of its oil requirements," he told reporters.
Talking about the government`s policy on FDI, he said that implementing it in states is not compulsory, though it could result in commodities becoming cheaper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'