Modric insists on leaving Spurs after threat
London: Star midfielder Luka Modric has accused Tottenham boss Daniel Levy of threatening him during talks and now wants to quit the club.
Modric is looking to move from Tottenham to join Chelsea, but claims Levy reneged on an agreement to let him go, a daily reports.
“If I have to, I will hand in a transfer request. I am extremely disappointed by the way Levy talked to me. I had a cold welcome to his office and he talked to me arrogantly. He arrogantly let me know that he doesn`t even want to know what I have to say,” Modric was quoted, as saying.
“I don`t know what are the reasons for his behaviour but it is his problem. That kind of approach only convinced me that I am not wrong about my decision to leave the club,” he added.
However, Spurs rebuffed a 22 million pound bid for the midfielder from their Premier League rivals and Levy has since made it clear the 25-year-old will not leave the club at any price.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...