Modric insists on leaving Spurs after threat
London: Star midfielder Luka Modric has accused Tottenham boss Daniel Levy of threatening him during talks and now wants to quit the club.
Modric is looking to move from Tottenham to join Chelsea, but claims Levy reneged on an agreement to let him go, a daily reports.
“If I have to, I will hand in a transfer request. I am extremely disappointed by the way Levy talked to me. I had a cold welcome to his office and he talked to me arrogantly. He arrogantly let me know that he doesn`t even want to know what I have to say,” Modric was quoted, as saying.
“I don`t know what are the reasons for his behaviour but it is his problem. That kind of approach only convinced me that I am not wrong about my decision to leave the club,” he added.
However, Spurs rebuffed a 22 million pound bid for the midfielder from their Premier League rivals and Levy has since made it clear the 25-year-old will not leave the club at any price.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley