Modric insists on leaving Spurs after threat
London: Star midfielder Luka Modric has accused Tottenham boss Daniel Levy of threatening him during talks and now wants to quit the club.
Modric is looking to move from Tottenham to join Chelsea, but claims Levy reneged on an agreement to let him go, a daily reports.
“If I have to, I will hand in a transfer request. I am extremely disappointed by the way Levy talked to me. I had a cold welcome to his office and he talked to me arrogantly. He arrogantly let me know that he doesn`t even want to know what I have to say,” Modric was quoted, as saying.
“I don`t know what are the reasons for his behaviour but it is his problem. That kind of approach only convinced me that I am not wrong about my decision to leave the club,” he added.
However, Spurs rebuffed a 22 million pound bid for the midfielder from their Premier League rivals and Levy has since made it clear the 25-year-old will not leave the club at any price.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning