Modric wants to join Chelsea to play in CL
London: Midfielder Luka Modric has said that he wants to leave Tottenham Hotspur to join Chelsea to fulfil his Champions League ambitions.
With both Manchester clubs also interested, Chelsea bid 22 million pounds for Modric earlier this week, which was rejected by Tottenham.
“I would like to go to Chelsea. A lot of players would like to go there and play for Chelsea because it is one of the best clubs in the world, and so do I, I would like to play there. But we will see what will happen,” Mordic said.
“Chelsea are a great club, they play in the Champions League every year, they have great players, they are ambitious and have an ambitious owner who wants to invest in the club and make it win the Champions League, the Premier League and other titles. They are going in a great direction and everything about the club is very good,” he added.
Modric is now stating that he would like to go although he was at pains to stress that he only wanted this to happen if the right price is paid and a deal can be agreed.
Modric, who is on holiday, expects to hold talks with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy over his future if an acceptable offer is made for him and it worked for the club also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read