Mohun Bagan would not challenge arbitrator’s appointment on Bhutia ‘suspension’ row
Kolkata: The All India Football Federation (AIFF) appointed former Additional Solicitor General of India, Amarendra Sharan as the arbitrator last Thursday as decided by the Indian FA Executive Committee a week back in the ongoing Mohun Bagan-Bhaichung Bhutia issue.
However, according to the AIFF Constitution, any matter may be referred to an arbitrator only after exhausting all options of appeal, which never happened in the case in question and the reason for the same being some hasty handling by the national football federation.
Also the arbitration tribunal must consist of 10 independent arbitrators instead of the single solicitor named in the present case.
Mohun Bagan general secretary acknowledged the above mentioned points but added that his club would honour the acting Indian FA president, Praful Patel’s word.
“As a matter of fact, it’s only to honour the word of Praful Patel, we shall not look into the legal side of things,”Mitra told Goal.com.
It is learnt that Bagan have been asked to come over for meeting by Amarendra Sharan on the 9th of this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley