Molinari clings to HSBC lead; Tiger falters
SHANGHAI : Francesco Molinari built an early lead and then hung on for a 2-under 70 on Friday to maintain a one-shot lead over world No. 1 Lee Westwood going into the weekend of the HSBC Champions.
Westwood made a late surge, hitting driver onto the par-4 16th green to set up a birdie and will be in the final group with his Ryder Cup teammate at Sheshan International. Molinari was at 9-under 135.
Tiger Woods struggled to a 72, dropping then kicking his driver in frustration on the 18th. He is five shots off the lead.
Ernie Els had a 65 that left him two shots behind, along with Richard Ramsay and Jaco Van Zyl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test