Molinari clings to HSBC lead; Tiger falters
SHANGHAI : Francesco Molinari built an early lead and then hung on for a 2-under 70 on Friday to maintain a one-shot lead over world No. 1 Lee Westwood going into the weekend of the HSBC Champions.
Westwood made a late surge, hitting driver onto the par-4 16th green to set up a birdie and will be in the final group with his Ryder Cup teammate at Sheshan International. Molinari was at 9-under 135.
Tiger Woods struggled to a 72, dropping then kicking his driver in frustration on the 18th. He is five shots off the lead.
Ernie Els had a 65 that left him two shots behind, along with Richard Ramsay and Jaco Van Zyl.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video