Molinari holds steady to win HSBC Champions
SHANGHAI : Francesco Molinari outlasted Lee Westwood in a spirited duel Sunday in the HSBC Champions for a one-shot victory to capture his first World Golf Championship. Molinari closed with a 5-under 67 at Sheshan International for his first win this season.
He spoiled the debut of Westwood as the world`s No. 1 player, although the Englishman put up a fight worthy of his ranking.
Two shots behind on the par-5 18th, Westwood had a 25-foot eagle putt to force a playoff, but it stayed left of the hole the entire way. He wound up with a 68.
Tiger Woods closed with a 68 and tied for sixth, 13 shots behind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14