Molinari holds steady to win HSBC Champions
SHANGHAI : Francesco Molinari outlasted Lee Westwood in a spirited duel Sunday in the HSBC Champions for a one-shot victory to capture his first World Golf Championship. Molinari closed with a 5-under 67 at Sheshan International for his first win this season.
He spoiled the debut of Westwood as the world`s No. 1 player, although the Englishman put up a fight worthy of his ranking.
Two shots behind on the par-5 18th, Westwood had a 25-foot eagle putt to force a playoff, but it stayed left of the hole the entire way. He wound up with a 68.
Tiger Woods closed with a 68 and tied for sixth, 13 shots behind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics