Monster Worldwide posts Q2 loss of USD 1.37bn
New York: Monster Worldwide, the parent
company of global online employment solution provider
Monster.Com, on Friday reported a net loss of USD 1.37 million in
the quarter ended June 30 this year.
The company had a net income of USD 30.83 million in the
corresponding year-ago period, Monster Worldwide said in a
Revenues rose to USD 223.05 million in the second
quarter ended June 30, 2009, from USD 354.29 million in the
same quarter last fiscal.
During the quarter, Monster`s net cash and securities
stood at USD 235 million.
For the first half of 2009, the online employment
solution provider reported total revenue of USD 477 million as
compared to USD 721 million in the comparable period last
The company posted a loss of USD 12 million for the six
months ended June 30, 2009, as against a net income of USD
53.42 million in the year earlier.
Monster Careers revenue declined 37 per cent to USD 413
million compared with USD 658 million in the 2008 period.
The company`s revenue from internet advertising and fees
stood at USD 64 million, a slight increase over the USD 63
million in the prior year period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!