Monster Worldwide posts Q2 loss of USD 1.37bn
New York: Monster Worldwide, the parent
company of global online employment solution provider
Monster.Com, on Friday reported a net loss of USD 1.37 million in
the quarter ended June 30 this year.
The company had a net income of USD 30.83 million in the
corresponding year-ago period, Monster Worldwide said in a
Revenues rose to USD 223.05 million in the second
quarter ended June 30, 2009, from USD 354.29 million in the
same quarter last fiscal.
During the quarter, Monster`s net cash and securities
stood at USD 235 million.
For the first half of 2009, the online employment
solution provider reported total revenue of USD 477 million as
compared to USD 721 million in the comparable period last
The company posted a loss of USD 12 million for the six
months ended June 30, 2009, as against a net income of USD
53.42 million in the year earlier.
Monster Careers revenue declined 37 per cent to USD 413
million compared with USD 658 million in the 2008 period.
The company`s revenue from internet advertising and fees
stood at USD 64 million, a slight increase over the USD 63
million in the prior year period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?