Montgomerie escapes serious injury in car smash
London: Eight times European number one Colin Montgomerie, who captained Europe to victory over the United States in this year’s Ryder Cup, escaped without serious injury after he was involved in a road accident on Thursday.
The 47-year-old’s car was involved in a pileup in road works just outside Glasgow as he made his way from his home near Gleneagles to visit his father James.
In a statement Montgomerie’s management company International Management Group said he had suffered shock and severe bruising after his car had been involved in a collision with another vehicle.
“I began spinning out of control,” Montgomerie said in the statement.
“I was trapped as the side of the car was compressed and the air bags were holding me back but the passenger door suddenly opened and I was pulled to safety thanks to other drivers who had witnessed the accident.
“It was a terrible shock and I am lucky to have come out of it relatively unscathed.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore