More farmers seek return of Dadri land from Reliance Power
Ghaziabad:As many as 605 farmers approached the district authorities here today, taking the total number of those seeking return of land sold to Anil Ambani group`s Reliance Power in Dadri to 1,171.
The claims, the second such after 566 land owners moved the authorities on January 13, follows the December four Allahabad High Court order that quashed a portion of the state government`s 2004 notification for purchase of land for Reliance Power`s Dadri power plant.
"605 applications were received today, but we are yet to quantify the size of land being reclaimed," Additional District Magistrate(Finance) Sarvajeet Ram told over phone.
The window for filing applications for return of land will remain open till January 18.
Reliance Power has filed a special leave petition in the Supreme Court, appealing against the High Court order.
A Reliance Power spokesperson said the matter is before Supreme Court and is sub-judice and declined to comment.
The Anil Ambani group company had acquired 2,200 acres of land for the Rs 10,000 crore project.
Ghaziabad District Magistrate Ramesh Kumar told that he has assured farmers that "land will be returned to them if they are ready to return the compensation amount paid to them".
Over 500 farmers had earlier approached the district authorities seeking return of land sold to Reliance Power, but expressed their inability to repay the compensation in one-go.
The Allahabad High Court on December 4 had partially quashed the land acquisition by the company on the grounds that the government side-stepped a formality of inviting objections from land owners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon