More than 30 militant groups operating in Manipur
Imphal: Manipur Chief Minister O Ibobi
Singh today said more than thirty militant groups, including
major outfits such as United National Liberation Front (UNLF)
and People`s Liberation Army (PLA), were operating in the
Replying to a question in the state Assembly, Singh said
Naga militant outfits such as National Socialist Council of
Nagaland--Isac Muivah (NSCN-IM) and National Socialist Council
of Nagaland-Khaplang (NSCN-K) were also operating in parts of
state`s hill districts.
After the state government had signed agreements with
Kuki National Organisation (KNO) and United People`s Front
(UPF), the security forces have stopped operation against the
two groups, he said.
While KNO was formed by eleven small militant outfits,
including Kuki National Front-Military Council (KNF-MC) and
Kuki Revolutionary Army-Unification (KRA-U), UPF was also
formed by small outfits, including Kuki Liberation Army (KLA)
and Zomi Revolutionary Army (ZRA), Singh added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming