Most Britons could be afflicted by food intolerance: Study
London: Almost half the population of
Britain are afflicted from "food intolerance" leading to
weight gain, diabetes and other complications, according to a
Figures released by Allergy UK, a charity set up to
help the millions of people who suffer from food sensitivity,
estimate that 45 per of the country`s population is affected
by the condition.
"There`s been a 10 fold increase in people with food
intolerances in the UK in the last 25 years," Cyndi O`Meara,
an expert nutritionist and author of `Changing Habits,
Changing Lives Cook Book`, was quoted as saying by the Daily
Telegraph newspaper today.
She said a big part of the problem was that "we are
assaulting our children with chemicals because the food that
we are feeding them isn`t real anymore, it`s just a bunch of
food additives, flavourings and colourings".
"If it`s not margarine then it is modified milk,
artificial sweeteners, and manmade sugars all of this has been
put into the diet over the last 25 years which has resulted in
hyper sensitive immune systems that react to everything a
person eats," O`Meara said.
"If people are eating foods straight out of a chemical
laboratory then diabetes and obesity, heart disease and cancer
will be a result of these intolerances," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?