Motorola wins over Apple in patent lawsuit
Berlin: A German court has ruled that Apple is infringing on one of Motorola`s mobile data communication patents through its sales of iPhone and iPad devices.
The Mannheim state court on Friday granted Motorola unspecified damages for the use of its technology since 2003 and an injunction against sales of Apple Inc.`s mobile devices in Germany that is enforceable against a bond of euro100 million ($134 million).
Apple Europe spokesman Alan Hely said the company will immediately appeal the ruling. He says: "Holiday shoppers in Germany should have no problem finding the iPad or iPhone they want."
Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc. welcomed the ruling in a statement but did not specify whether it seeks to block Apple`s sales in Germany — which could prove to be a costly move should the appeals court side with Apple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers
- Flood situation in Bihar under control: CM Nitish Kumar
- Teenaged Dalit girl gang-raped in UP's Aligarh
- Stem Cell treatment is effective in recovery of spinal injuries