Motorola wins over Apple in patent lawsuit
Berlin: A German court has ruled that Apple is infringing on one of Motorola`s mobile data communication patents through its sales of iPhone and iPad devices.
The Mannheim state court on Friday granted Motorola unspecified damages for the use of its technology since 2003 and an injunction against sales of Apple Inc.`s mobile devices in Germany that is enforceable against a bond of euro100 million ($134 million).
Apple Europe spokesman Alan Hely said the company will immediately appeal the ruling. He says: "Holiday shoppers in Germany should have no problem finding the iPad or iPhone they want."
Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc. welcomed the ruling in a statement but did not specify whether it seeks to block Apple`s sales in Germany — which could prove to be a costly move should the appeals court side with Apple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US