Mourinho facing 12-game ban for eye-poke brawl
Madrid: Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho could be suspended up to 12 games for his altercation with Barcelona assistant coach Tito Vilanova during a Spanish Supercup game-ending brawl.
The Spanish football federation opened disciplinary proceedings against the Spanish clubs on Tuesday, six days after Barcelona won the trophy in a fight-marred finale.
Mourinho walked toward Vilanova and appeared to poke him in the eye during the on-field melee the teams.
Under federation rules, the Portuguese coach could be banned between four to 12 games. Vilanova could be sanctioned for four games after retaliating with a push.
Barcelona striker David Villa and Madrid pair Marcelo and Mesut Oezil were given one-game bans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Deepika Padukone enters 'world`s highest-paid actresses' list
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding