Mourinho facing 12-game ban for eye-poke brawl
Madrid: Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho could be suspended up to 12 games for his altercation with Barcelona assistant coach Tito Vilanova during a Spanish Supercup game-ending brawl.
The Spanish football federation opened disciplinary proceedings against the Spanish clubs on Tuesday, six days after Barcelona won the trophy in a fight-marred finale.
Mourinho walked toward Vilanova and appeared to poke him in the eye during the on-field melee the teams.
Under federation rules, the Portuguese coach could be banned between four to 12 games. Vilanova could be sanctioned for four games after retaliating with a push.
Barcelona striker David Villa and Madrid pair Marcelo and Mesut Oezil were given one-game bans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly