Mourinho facing 12-game ban for eye-poke brawl
Madrid: Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho could be suspended up to 12 games for his altercation with Barcelona assistant coach Tito Vilanova during a Spanish Supercup game-ending brawl.
The Spanish football federation opened disciplinary proceedings against the Spanish clubs on Tuesday, six days after Barcelona won the trophy in a fight-marred finale.
Mourinho walked toward Vilanova and appeared to poke him in the eye during the on-field melee the teams.
Under federation rules, the Portuguese coach could be banned between four to 12 games. Vilanova could be sanctioned for four games after retaliating with a push.
Barcelona striker David Villa and Madrid pair Marcelo and Mesut Oezil were given one-game bans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic