Mourinho facing 12-game ban for eye-poke brawl
Madrid: Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho could be suspended up to 12 games for his altercation with Barcelona assistant coach Tito Vilanova during a Spanish Supercup game-ending brawl.
The Spanish football federation opened disciplinary proceedings against the Spanish clubs on Tuesday, six days after Barcelona won the trophy in a fight-marred finale.
Mourinho walked toward Vilanova and appeared to poke him in the eye during the on-field melee the teams.
Under federation rules, the Portuguese coach could be banned between four to 12 games. Vilanova could be sanctioned for four games after retaliating with a push.
Barcelona striker David Villa and Madrid pair Marcelo and Mesut Oezil were given one-game bans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday