Mourinho gets five-match ban over semi-final outburst
Madrid: UEFA handed Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho a five-match ban on Friday following his sending-off and subsequent outburst in the recent Champions League semi-final first leg defeat by Barcelona.
Real said in a statement that one of the matches would be suspended for three seasons, while the coach has already served one of the remaining four in the second leg of the semi-final, which finished 1-1, giving Barcelona a 3-1 aggregate victory.
Mourinho bitterly criticised the referee after Real`s 2-0 defeat at the Bernabeu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook