Mourinho having doubts about future at Real Madrid
Madrid: Jose Mourinho is having doubts about his future as coach of Real Madrid, according to Spanish media reports.
The website of sports daily AS said Mourinho is "considering leaving the club on June 30", despite having a lucrative contract which runs until 2014.
AS said Mourinho, the highest-paid coach in world football, is annoyed that Real have still not signed a new forward to replace long-term injury victim Gonzalo Higuain. The coach has been jousting in the media with Jorge Valdano, Real`s general director, about this issue.
Valdano and Florentino Perez, the club president, would prefer Mourinho to give more time to French forward Karim Benzema rather than publicly demanding a new signing.
Mourinho seems to have little faith in Benzema, and only used him as a late sub in Sunday`s disappointing 1-1 draw away to bottom team Almeria, a result which leaves the whites four points behind leaders Barcelona.
AS suggested that Mourinho might be considering a return to Inter Milan, whom he left for Real last May, or a move to either Manchester City or United.
Other media reports on Wednesday said that Mourinho feels that the club is not backing him up in his verbal offensives against certain referees.
On Wednesday, the referee`s committe of the Spanish football federation announced that it will open a procedure against Mourinho for his harsh criticisms of Miguel Perez Lasa, the referee of the Almeria match.
Mourinho said on Sunday that his team had been denied three clear penalties in Almeria, then expressed the hope that Perez Lasa "will not be in charge of our matches again".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards