Mourinho to Scrap 4-2-3-1 Real Madrid formation
Madrid: Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho is ready to bin his 4-2-3-1 formation and deploy a new 4-3-3 system for next season.
The change is to allow Nuri Sahin space on the left side of a three-man midfield.
Last season`s 4-2-3-1 saw Iker Casillas in goal, a back four of Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Ricardo Carvalho and Marcelo. Xabi Alonso and Sami Khedira were holding, while Angel Di Maria, Mesut Ozil and Cristiano Ronaldo often played behind Karim Benzema.
However, the changes Mourinho is considering will not affect the defence, but it will add a twist in midfielder and up front.
It is thought that Khedira will move to the right, Alonso in the middle and Sahin on the left. Ozil, Benzema and Ronaldo will be the front three.
Kaka or Di Maria could alternate roles with German international Ozil.
The new 4-3-3, if Mourinho opts to deploy it, will likely be set up in the following formation:
Casillas; Ramos, Pepe, Ricardo Carvalho, Marcelo; Khedira, Alonso, Sahin; Ozil, Benzema, Ronaldo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday