MP Chief Justice satisfied with working of fast track courts
Morena: Madhya Pradesh High Court Chief Justice AK Patnaik on Sunday expressed satisfaction with the working of the fast track courts in the state.
"When I came to the state, the backlog of cases was high but with the introduction of fast track courts to deal with the session court trials, things have changed," Patnaik said after inaugurating a newly constructed annexe of District and Session Court here.
Noting that disposal rate of the cases in the other lower courts was not satisfactory, he said that to deliver speedy justice around 240 civil judges have been appointed in Madhya Pradesh.
The Chief Justice said that to give fillip to the disposal of cases in the lower courts, he has asked the state government to appoint assistant public prosecutors (APP).
The state government has commenced the process of appointing 240 APPs, Patnaik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP