MP Chief Justice satisfied with working of fast track courts
Morena: Madhya Pradesh High Court Chief Justice AK Patnaik on Sunday expressed satisfaction with the working of the fast track courts in the state.
"When I came to the state, the backlog of cases was high but with the introduction of fast track courts to deal with the session court trials, things have changed," Patnaik said after inaugurating a newly constructed annexe of District and Session Court here.
Noting that disposal rate of the cases in the other lower courts was not satisfactory, he said that to deliver speedy justice around 240 civil judges have been appointed in Madhya Pradesh.
The Chief Justice said that to give fillip to the disposal of cases in the lower courts, he has asked the state government to appoint assistant public prosecutors (APP).
The state government has commenced the process of appointing 240 APPs, Patnaik said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative