MP Chief Justice satisfied with working of fast track courts
Morena: Madhya Pradesh High Court Chief Justice AK Patnaik on Sunday expressed satisfaction with the working of the fast track courts in the state.
"When I came to the state, the backlog of cases was high but with the introduction of fast track courts to deal with the session court trials, things have changed," Patnaik said after inaugurating a newly constructed annexe of District and Session Court here.
Noting that disposal rate of the cases in the other lower courts was not satisfactory, he said that to deliver speedy justice around 240 civil judges have been appointed in Madhya Pradesh.
The Chief Justice said that to give fillip to the disposal of cases in the lower courts, he has asked the state government to appoint assistant public prosecutors (APP).
The state government has commenced the process of appointing 240 APPs, Patnaik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat