MP Chief Justice satisfied with working of fast track courts
Morena: Madhya Pradesh High Court Chief Justice AK Patnaik on Sunday expressed satisfaction with the working of the fast track courts in the state.
"When I came to the state, the backlog of cases was high but with the introduction of fast track courts to deal with the session court trials, things have changed," Patnaik said after inaugurating a newly constructed annexe of District and Session Court here.
Noting that disposal rate of the cases in the other lower courts was not satisfactory, he said that to deliver speedy justice around 240 civil judges have been appointed in Madhya Pradesh.
The Chief Justice said that to give fillip to the disposal of cases in the lower courts, he has asked the state government to appoint assistant public prosecutors (APP).
The state government has commenced the process of appointing 240 APPs, Patnaik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags spotted as massive protests continue in Balochistan
- Fitch reaffirms Bharat Petroleum's ratings with stable outlook
- Michael Phelps ruled Twitter during Rio Olympics 2016
- Leaked Scorpene papers won't affect stealth aspect: Indian Navy
- Powerful 6.8 magnitude quake damages Myanmar`s famed Bagan temples: Police