MP doctors` strike enters sixth day, talks fail
Bhopal: Health services in five hospitals across Madhya Pradesh deteriorated further on Saturday as talks between the state government and striking junior doctors failed to yield any result. The strike entered its sixth day Saturday.
"We had talks with the state government representatives including Principal Secretary (Health) Vijaya Srivastava and Director Medical Education V.K. Saini but to no avail," Madhya Pradesh Junior Doctors Association (MPJDA) state general secretary Anil Shejwar said.
Though the state government has expelled over 1,100 junior doctors after invoking the Essential Service Maintenance Act (ESMA) July 21, protesters have continued the stir demanding better facilities and a Rs 12,000 hike in stipend, among other things.
"We are going to continue our strike to the logical end," MPJDA chief coordinator Yogesh Puar said.
"The strike was in public interest as its one objective was to improve health services according to the MCI`s standards," Puar said.
Medical services have been badly affected due to the strike and patients have started moving out to hospitals in Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Gwalior and Rewa districts, a junior doctor, who wished not to be named, claimed.
"We are trying to solve the problem. Also, state government is making all out efforts to make sure that the patients in all the five hospitals are attended to," Director Medical Education VK Saini said.
Meanwhile, Madhya Pradesh Health Minister Anup Mishra has reiterated that the demands of the junior doctors would be considered only after they end their stir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared