MP government`s aid to hockey player for father`s treatment
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh government would give a financial help of Rs 50,000 to E Rajani, a woman hockey player of the country for her father`s treatment.
An announcement in this regard was made by the Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan while talking to journalists here last evening.
Rajani, a promising goalkeeper from Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh is currently camping at SAI Centre, Bhopal with the core group of probables for senior Women`s National Hockey squad.
"Financial help of Rs 50,000 is being given for the operation of Rajani`s father, who is bed-ridden due to stone in his kidney and doctors have said that he cannot be cured without surgery," the Chief Minister said.
Rajani, a B.Com II year student, has a family of six members and her financial condition is not in good shape as the only source of livelihood is a cow, whose milk fetches monthly income of around Rs 3,000 to them
Meanwhile, Chief Coach of Women`s Hockey team, M K Kaushik today expressed gratitude toward the Chief Minister for providing help to Rajani for her father`s treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16