MP Govt orders probe into PT Usha ill-treatment issue
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh government has ordered a probe into the allegations levied by legendary sprinter PT Usha regarding the ill-treatment given to her during the 49th National Open Athletics here.
Usha was offered an accommodation at the SAI hostel in Bhopal which she found sub-standard and the legendary athlete was in tears as she criticised the SAI officials for their apathy.
Usha broke down in tears while narrating the horrendous tale of shabby arrangements provided to her and the young team during the event. A complaining Usha said, “ After all these years of playing at the national and world level a athlete wants some amount of respect from the officials, but forget that if PT Usha was made to share a room with five others then condition of a relatively new athlete can be imagined.”
The event comes as a huge shock to the nation which is preparing itself for a mega event like Commonwealth Games to showcase its might to world.
The MP Government has asked Sports director to probe the incident and submit a full report in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!