MP Govt orders probe into PT Usha ill-treatment issue
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh government has ordered a probe into the allegations levied by legendary sprinter PT Usha regarding the ill-treatment given to her during the 49th National Open Athletics here.
Usha was offered an accommodation at the SAI hostel in Bhopal which she found sub-standard and the legendary athlete was in tears as she criticised the SAI officials for their apathy.
Usha broke down in tears while narrating the horrendous tale of shabby arrangements provided to her and the young team during the event. A complaining Usha said, “ After all these years of playing at the national and world level a athlete wants some amount of respect from the officials, but forget that if PT Usha was made to share a room with five others then condition of a relatively new athlete can be imagined.”
The event comes as a huge shock to the nation which is preparing itself for a mega event like Commonwealth Games to showcase its might to world.
The MP Government has asked Sports director to probe the incident and submit a full report in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof