MTNL, BSNL short-listed for acquiring stake in Zamtel
New Delhi: State-owned Mahanagar Telephone
Nigam Ltd (MTNL) and Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) have been
shortlisted as qualified bidders for acquiring stake in
Zambia`s leading telecom firm Zamtel.
"Two of India`s telecommunication giants BSNL and MTNL"
are among the eight bidders who have been shortlisted (for the
acquisition), Zambia Development Agency (ZDA), which is
handling the sale, said in a statement.
It was, however, not clear whether the two PSUs have
formed a consortium or they have bid separately.
"MTNL along with eight other bidders have been
shortlisted by state-run telecom firm Zamtel," an MTNL
MTNL and BSNL are among the 30 bidders who applied to
prequalify in the partial sale of the telecommunications
company after the ZDA officially announced its privatisation
in September this year.
The Zambiam government is offering between 51 and 75 per
cent of Zamtel`s stake.
The other firms which have been qualified are Altimo
Hodlings/Vimpelcom of Russia, Libyan LAP Greencom Limited/LAP
Green Networks, Portugal’s Portugal Telecom, Telkom SA Limited
of South Africa, UNITEL of Angola.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie