MTNL puts in EoI for Nigerian Telecom, to appoint consultant
New Delhi: Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd has
put in an initial bid to buy majority stake in Nigerian
Telecommunications Ltd or Nitel and will appoint a consultant
to advise on the acquisition.
The state-owned telecom operator has put in an expression
of interest for 75 per cent stake in Nitel. "We will appoint a
consultant soon to do the due diligence, we expect the data
room of the company (Nitel) to be opened immediately," Anita
Soni, MTNL director, finance, told agency.
A senior MTNL official said the consultant will evaluate
the rationale of putting in financial bids for Nitel, which
has both fixed-line and mobile operations (both GSM & CDMA)...
As many 13 other initial bidders are already in the fray
including South African MTN, UAE`s Etisalat and Telefonica.
The deadline for submitting financial bids is October 2.
Nigeria Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) said an
evaluation committee has been set up to assess the bids
submitted by the 13 companies.
"The consortia that are pre-qualified for the next stage
are expected to pay a non-refundable fee of USD 25,000 for
bidding documents and execute the confidentiality and
non-disclosure agreement, the Bureau said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!