MTNL puts in EoI for Nigerian Telecom, to appoint consultant
New Delhi: Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd has
put in an initial bid to buy majority stake in Nigerian
Telecommunications Ltd or Nitel and will appoint a consultant
to advise on the acquisition.
The state-owned telecom operator has put in an expression
of interest for 75 per cent stake in Nitel. "We will appoint a
consultant soon to do the due diligence, we expect the data
room of the company (Nitel) to be opened immediately," Anita
Soni, MTNL director, finance, told agency.
A senior MTNL official said the consultant will evaluate
the rationale of putting in financial bids for Nitel, which
has both fixed-line and mobile operations (both GSM & CDMA)...
As many 13 other initial bidders are already in the fray
including South African MTN, UAE`s Etisalat and Telefonica.
The deadline for submitting financial bids is October 2.
Nigeria Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) said an
evaluation committee has been set up to assess the bids
submitted by the 13 companies.
"The consortia that are pre-qualified for the next stage
are expected to pay a non-refundable fee of USD 25,000 for
bidding documents and execute the confidentiality and
non-disclosure agreement, the Bureau said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest