MTNL received highest GSM spectrum for Delhi, Mumbai
New Delhi: State-run GSM mobile operator MTNL, which operates in Delhi and Mumbai, has 12.4 Mhz specturm, the highest amount given to any operator so far.
The PSU has got 12.4 Mhz of spectrum on 900 Mhz and 1,800 Mhz band as per the Department of Telecom`s list of radiowave allotment to all the GSM operators as on October, 2009.
Bharti, Vodafone, BPL and BSNL have got a maximum 10 Mhz in various circles.
In Delhi, Bharti and Vodafone have 10 Mhz each, followed by Idea at 8 Mhz. The new operator Etisalat has 4.4 Mhz in Delhi same as Reliance Mobile (GSM) and Aircel.
In Mumbai, BPL and Vodafone have 10 Mhz radio waves each while Bharti has 9.2 Mhz. TTSL, Reliance Mobile, Datacom, Idea, Unitech and Etisalat have 4.4 Mhz each.
The government has decided to freeze allocation of additional 2G airwaves until the upcoming 3G auctions. The communications ministry has sought the views of telecom regulator Trai on the DoT`s internal spectrum panel`s report, which was finalised in June. The report has called for delinking spectrum and licence and has sought auction of 2G spectrum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden