MTNL received highest GSM spectrum for Delhi, Mumbai
New Delhi: State-run GSM mobile operator MTNL, which operates in Delhi and Mumbai, has 12.4 Mhz specturm, the highest amount given to any operator so far.
The PSU has got 12.4 Mhz of spectrum on 900 Mhz and 1,800 Mhz band as per the Department of Telecom`s list of radiowave allotment to all the GSM operators as on October, 2009.
Bharti, Vodafone, BPL and BSNL have got a maximum 10 Mhz in various circles.
In Delhi, Bharti and Vodafone have 10 Mhz each, followed by Idea at 8 Mhz. The new operator Etisalat has 4.4 Mhz in Delhi same as Reliance Mobile (GSM) and Aircel.
In Mumbai, BPL and Vodafone have 10 Mhz radio waves each while Bharti has 9.2 Mhz. TTSL, Reliance Mobile, Datacom, Idea, Unitech and Etisalat have 4.4 Mhz each.
The government has decided to freeze allocation of additional 2G airwaves until the upcoming 3G auctions. The communications ministry has sought the views of telecom regulator Trai on the DoT`s internal spectrum panel`s report, which was finalised in June. The report has called for delinking spectrum and licence and has sought auction of 2G spectrum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH