MTNL to ink revenue-share pact with franchise for Wi-Max
MTNL intends to allow one successful bidder each in its licensed area of Delhi and Mumbai for the deployment and operation of its Wi-Max system on exclusive, revenue-sharing basis.
The network proposed to be deployed should provide fully converged broadband data and voice services such as access to internet, VPN clients, QoS to individual subscribers and cell support video conferencing, the PSU in said its global expression-of-interest (EoI) notice.
The one-time WiMAX spectrum fee that MTNL (to be decided after the auction of WiMax spectrum) will have to pay would be deducted from the revenues gathered from WiMAX operations by the franchise partner.
The Expression of Interest by MTNL said "4 percent of the total revenue or the amortised value calculated on the reserve price, or which ever is higher, will be set aside on a monthly basis to compensate MTNL towards one time spectrum charges".
"The bidder shall jointly work with MTNL for working out strategies for advertising, marketing and promoting broadband services, which shall be carried out under the MTNL brand. Sales and marketing and verification of customer`s bonafide will be the prime responsibility of the bidder," the EoI for the bids said.
The franchise should at least garner five lakh subscribers within a period of 5 years on a revenue sharing basis.
The government had allotted WiMAX spectrum to state-owned telcos BSNL and MTNL last year. However, both the PSUs will have to match the price offered by the highest bidders during the auctions for their share of the spectrum.
MTNL is a major telecommunication service provider in Delhi & Mumbai offering full range of telecom services solutions like Voice, Data, Internet, Broadband, VOIP and IPTV from its vast fixed & mobile networks in its license service areas of Delhi & Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof