MTNL to ink revenue-share pact with franchise for Wi-Max
MTNL intends to allow one successful bidder each in its licensed area of Delhi and Mumbai for the deployment and operation of its Wi-Max system on exclusive, revenue-sharing basis.
The network proposed to be deployed should provide fully converged broadband data and voice services such as access to internet, VPN clients, QoS to individual subscribers and cell support video conferencing, the PSU in said its global expression-of-interest (EoI) notice.
The one-time WiMAX spectrum fee that MTNL (to be decided after the auction of WiMax spectrum) will have to pay would be deducted from the revenues gathered from WiMAX operations by the franchise partner.
The Expression of Interest by MTNL said "4 percent of the total revenue or the amortised value calculated on the reserve price, or which ever is higher, will be set aside on a monthly basis to compensate MTNL towards one time spectrum charges".
"The bidder shall jointly work with MTNL for working out strategies for advertising, marketing and promoting broadband services, which shall be carried out under the MTNL brand. Sales and marketing and verification of customer`s bonafide will be the prime responsibility of the bidder," the EoI for the bids said.
The franchise should at least garner five lakh subscribers within a period of 5 years on a revenue sharing basis.
The government had allotted WiMAX spectrum to state-owned telcos BSNL and MTNL last year. However, both the PSUs will have to match the price offered by the highest bidders during the auctions for their share of the spectrum.
MTNL is a major telecommunication service provider in Delhi & Mumbai offering full range of telecom services solutions like Voice, Data, Internet, Broadband, VOIP and IPTV from its vast fixed & mobile networks in its license service areas of Delhi & Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why