MTNL unveils one paisa per second plan for all calls
New Delhi: State-run MTNL today became the
latest telco to offer one paisa per second call rate under the
Following Tata DoCoMo starting per second pulse, several
telecom companies, including Bharti Airtel, Vodafone and new
players like MTS have shifted to per second billing.
Under the new billing plan, MTNL subscribers would be
charged one paise per second for local and STD calls across
the country on all networks.
Voice and video calls made to MTNL Delhi and Mumbai
Networks would be charged at 1/2 a paisa per second.
MTNL has also slashed SMS rates under this plan to 25
paise for local, Re 1 for national and Rs 2.50 for
RCom recently unveiled the one paise per SMS rate with
fixed monthly charges.
Analysts feel the tariff war will further affect the
margins of telcos, which are under pressure due to increased
competition and new entrants.
RSP Sinha, CMD of MTNL, said "There won`t be much impact
on the revenues as in the long run this is going to be a
volumes game. As offers become attractive, new subscribers
will join the network."
With the new plans MTNL, expects to get 5-6 lakh new 3G
subscibers by March 2010. At present, it has 1.5 lakh 3G
Along with this, MTNL introduced lowest-in-the-industry
Data usage rate of just 1 paisa/10KB, applicable to both GPRS
and 3G services.
An existing MTNL prepaid (Trump) customer can shift to
pay-per-second plan by recharge his connection with a
pay-per-second plan voucher of Rs 45.
Customers seeking new prepaid plan in Delhi can avail of
the offer by purchasing a SIM kit of Rs 100 and a recharge
coupon of Rs 49.
In MTNL Mumbai, customers can purchase any SIM kit and
a Trump pay-per-second coupon of Rs 45.
MTNL has also introduced pay-per-second plan for postpaid
This postpaid pay-per-second plan will be available for a
monthly fixed charge of Rs 149.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune