MTNL`s Sinha resigns as CMD
New Delhi:In a surprise development, telecom PSU MTNL`s Chairman and Managing Director R S P Sinha has resigned from the post.
"Yes, I have put in my papers," Sinha told, but did not speak about the reasons for stepping down.
Sinha was on an ad-hoc extension after completing his five-year tenure in September last year. However, he is 18 months away from superannuation.
The resignation comes amid a debate over the falling revenues and financial performance of the corporation which is also engaged in a legal battle for buying equipments from Motorola 10 years ago.
At the time of the signing of the equipment contract, Sinha was Director (Finance) with MTNL, which has operations in Delhi and Mumbai.
According to sources, Sinha who went to attend MTNL`s Board meeting yesterday received a call from Telecom Secretary P J Thomas asking him to step down, and then he left the venue even before the meeting started.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!