MTNL`s Sinha resigns as CMD
New Delhi:In a surprise development, telecom PSU MTNL`s Chairman and Managing Director R S P Sinha has resigned from the post.
"Yes, I have put in my papers," Sinha told, but did not speak about the reasons for stepping down.
Sinha was on an ad-hoc extension after completing his five-year tenure in September last year. However, he is 18 months away from superannuation.
The resignation comes amid a debate over the falling revenues and financial performance of the corporation which is also engaged in a legal battle for buying equipments from Motorola 10 years ago.
At the time of the signing of the equipment contract, Sinha was Director (Finance) with MTNL, which has operations in Delhi and Mumbai.
According to sources, Sinha who went to attend MTNL`s Board meeting yesterday received a call from Telecom Secretary P J Thomas asking him to step down, and then he left the venue even before the meeting started.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai