MTNL`s Sinha resigns as CMD
New Delhi:In a surprise development, telecom PSU MTNL`s Chairman and Managing Director R S P Sinha has resigned from the post.
"Yes, I have put in my papers," Sinha told, but did not speak about the reasons for stepping down.
Sinha was on an ad-hoc extension after completing his five-year tenure in September last year. However, he is 18 months away from superannuation.
The resignation comes amid a debate over the falling revenues and financial performance of the corporation which is also engaged in a legal battle for buying equipments from Motorola 10 years ago.
At the time of the signing of the equipment contract, Sinha was Director (Finance) with MTNL, which has operations in Delhi and Mumbai.
According to sources, Sinha who went to attend MTNL`s Board meeting yesterday received a call from Telecom Secretary P J Thomas asking him to step down, and then he left the venue even before the meeting started.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!