Mukesh Ambani sets `example` by taking hefty salary cut
Mumbai: Aiming to set a "personal example" of moderation in executive salaries, Reliance Industries Thursday said its chief Mukesh Ambani has decided to lower his pay package by nearly two-thirds to Rs 15 crore for 2008-09.
At the same time, India`s most valued corporate house also announced a new structure for salaries and remuneration of top executives wherein the pay packets would be capped, as
against the prevailing system of commission linked to profits.
As a result of scaling down of his package from over Rs 44 crore in 2007-08 to Rs 15 crore, Mukesh Ambani would get a lot less than many other industrialists and executives heading companies with a size less than one-tenth of RIL.
The development comes amid debate on whether or not there should be regulation on salaries of CEOs following suggestions by Corporate Affairs Minister Salman Khursheed. The Minister had, however, felt that Boards and shareholders should decide
The compensation for the RIL Chairman and Managing Director for the latest fiscal is down 66 per cent from over Rs 44 crore in the previous year 2007-08 and is 98 per cent
below the limit of five per cent of the net profit of the company, as per the Companies Act, RIL said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi