Mukesh cool to Anil`s truce offer; fight goes on
New Delhi: Reliance Industries chief Mukesh Ambani has made a guarded response to his younger brother Anil Ambani`s peace offer, saying the conduct of his group makes it difficult to believe if he had a real change of heart.
A statement by Reliance Industries on behalf of Mukesh welcomed Anil’s statement but didn’t make any offer. "It (Anil’s statement) is a positive change in the negative, calumnious and malafide campaign launched by Anil Ambani group against RIL,” said the elder brother’s group.
“Sadly, the conduct of R-ADAG so far makes it difficult for RIL to believe that Anil Ambani had a real change of heart. For last many years Anil Ambani had indulged in a malicious campaign against RIL and its chairman (Mukesh).
"The campaign reached its nadir in recent months through a vicious series of advertisements unprecedented in India`s corporate history," RIL said.
It, however, expressed regret on the manner of truce offer saying "what is both saddening and perplexing is that Anil Ambani has yet against sought to communicate to RIL and its chairman through the public domain, whereas he could have easily contacted his elder brother directly."
RIL said the "dispute under litigation is not merely a family matter", which it charged Anil of trying to make, and said vital national interests were at stake.
"Vital national interests in terms of securing government s revenue from the natural gas, the government owns and GoI s sound policy framework for promoting India s energy security, are at stake," it said.
"RIL does not belong to a family. It belongs to shareholders, to the associates who have made this journey possible and most importantly to the nation, India," it said.
"Issues, which arise out of a decision of the Bombay High Court, transcend any private differences between two brothers or two corporate entities now can only be decisively resolved by a decision of the highest court," RIL said.
Saying the company believes that all contentious issues can be resolved if followed with honest intentions, RIL asked Anil Ambani to put his sentiments into actions.
"We can now only hope, that the deeds of Anil Ambani and his associates are reflective of the emotions expressed," the statement said.
RIL will not be found wanting in responding to them constructively, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested