Mukul Roy to be sworn in as Railway Minister
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress` Mukul Roy will be sworn-in on Tuesday as Cabinet minister to replace his party colleague Dinesh Trivedi, who has resigned as Railway Minister.
Roy, Minister of State for Shipping, would take the oath of office and secrecy this morning as Cabinet minister, the sources said.
Trivedi had to resign after TMC chief Mamata Banerjee opposed the hike in passenger fares announced by him in the Rail Budget presented to Parliament last week.
Banerjee had written to the Prime Minister that Trivedi should be replaced by Roy.
Trivedi sent his resignation to the PM on Sunday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE