Mukul Roy to be sworn in as Railway Minister
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress` Mukul Roy will be sworn-in on Tuesday as Cabinet minister to replace his party colleague Dinesh Trivedi, who has resigned as Railway Minister.
Roy, Minister of State for Shipping, would take the oath of office and secrecy this morning as Cabinet minister, the sources said.
Trivedi had to resign after TMC chief Mamata Banerjee opposed the hike in passenger fares announced by him in the Rail Budget presented to Parliament last week.
Banerjee had written to the Prime Minister that Trivedi should be replaced by Roy.
Trivedi sent his resignation to the PM on Sunday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack