Mukul Roy to be sworn in as Railway Minister
New Delhi: Trinamool Congress` Mukul Roy will be sworn-in on Tuesday as Cabinet minister to replace his party colleague Dinesh Trivedi, who has resigned as Railway Minister.
Roy, Minister of State for Shipping, would take the oath of office and secrecy this morning as Cabinet minister, the sources said.
Trivedi had to resign after TMC chief Mamata Banerjee opposed the hike in passenger fares announced by him in the Rail Budget presented to Parliament last week.
Banerjee had written to the Prime Minister that Trivedi should be replaced by Roy.
Trivedi sent his resignation to the PM on Sunday evening.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani