Mulayam accuses UP government of overlooking SC directive
Lucknow: Accusing the Uttar Pradesh
government of "overlooking" the directives of Supreme Court,
Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh on Thursday said the apex
court should declare the government as "unconstitutional".
The state government had on Tuesday agreed to stop the
construction of memorials in the state till the apex court
decides on the matter.
"The BSP government is taking the SC order on parks
and memorials for a ride. The apex court should interfere and
declare this government as unconstitutional," Yadav demanded
while talking to the news persons here.
"Despite SC directives to stop construction work, the
government is going ahead with the work," he alleged.
He said the bureaucracy was also not adhering to the
Citing example of Lucknow district jail he alleged
that the government was grabbing public land for private
"Once SP regain power in the state all these
constructions will be razed," the SP supremo said.
Mulayam said his party will launch a five-day
agitation from tomorrow against the "wrong doings" of the
He appealed the party leaders and workers to
participate in the agitation actively and in large numbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof