Mulayam accuses UP government of overlooking SC directive
Lucknow: Accusing the Uttar Pradesh
government of "overlooking" the directives of Supreme Court,
Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh on Thursday said the apex
court should declare the government as "unconstitutional".
The state government had on Tuesday agreed to stop the
construction of memorials in the state till the apex court
decides on the matter.
"The BSP government is taking the SC order on parks
and memorials for a ride. The apex court should interfere and
declare this government as unconstitutional," Yadav demanded
while talking to the news persons here.
"Despite SC directives to stop construction work, the
government is going ahead with the work," he alleged.
He said the bureaucracy was also not adhering to the
Citing example of Lucknow district jail he alleged
that the government was grabbing public land for private
"Once SP regain power in the state all these
constructions will be razed," the SP supremo said.
Mulayam said his party will launch a five-day
agitation from tomorrow against the "wrong doings" of the
He appealed the party leaders and workers to
participate in the agitation actively and in large numbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...