Mulayam hints at alliance with INLD
New Delhi: Hinting that his party was
interested in a pre-poll alliance with Indian National Lok Dal
for the Haryana assembly elections, Samajwadi Party leader
Mulayam Singh Yadav today said it depended on what INLD chief
Om Prakash Chautala wants.
"I share a very good relationship with Chautala. We want
that the hard work done by his father Devi Lal in Haryana
should get reconsolidated. It depends on what Chautala wants,"
Yadav told news agencies here.
His remarks assume significance against the backdrop of
BJP breaking away with INLD in Haryana ahead of the assembly
elections in October.
He said both he and Chautala had tried to forge an
alliance earlier. "I had tried and Chautala had also tried.
But there were circumstances...we are now facing the
consequences," he said.
To a question, he said the political situation in the
state will change now that BJP has parted ways with INLD
following differences over seat sharing for the assembly
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened