Mulayam meets UP Governor after victory
Lucknow: After clinching a landslide victory in Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls, Samajwadi Party (SP) Supremo, Mulayam Singh Yadav met with UP’s state Governor, BL Joshi at Rajbhavan to claim the stake on forming the next government on Wednesday evening here.
Yadav was accompanied by his son and party’s state unit head, Akhilesh Singh Yadav.
The Mulayam Singh Yadav-led party captured 224 seats in the 403-member constituency yesterday.
The decision on Uttar Pradesh’s next chief minister will be taken after Holi on March 09, 2012.
The meeting of SP MLAs will take place on 10th March and oath-taking ceremony will be held on 12th March.
Earlier in the day, Akhilesh Singh Yadav said that his father, Mulayam will the next UP chief minister while some sources were saying that there are demands from the SP`s parliamentary board members that Akhilesh Yadav be handed over the reins of Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore