Mulayam plays Muslim, Dalit card to woo voters
Kannauj/Farukhabad: Trying to woo
Muslims and Dalits, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Tuesday
promised to pressurise the Centre for quota to backward
Muslims and inclusion of 17 castes in Scheduled Caste list.
"We will pressurise the Centre for ensuring reservation to
Muslims and if needed an amendment in the law will be made...
The party will also ensure that 17 castes are included in the
SC category," Yadav told election meetings in these districts.
Charging Congress with misleading Muslims in the name of
reservation, Yadav said only his government could help the
community in getting their rights.
In Kannauj, he appealed to the voters to get all party
candidates elected as it was parliamentary constituency of SP
state president Akhilesh Yadav.
He said development work took a backseat during the
Mayawati government, which he dubbed as very corrupt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Didn't have any confidence before 'Kick': Jacqueline Fernandez
- Oil Tankers Association calls off strike in Jammu ?
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- 'Mohenjo Daro' collections: Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde's period drama rakes in Rs 55 cr so far!
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island