Mulayam plays Muslim, Dalit card to woo voters
Kannauj/Farukhabad: Trying to woo
Muslims and Dalits, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Tuesday
promised to pressurise the Centre for quota to backward
Muslims and inclusion of 17 castes in Scheduled Caste list.
"We will pressurise the Centre for ensuring reservation to
Muslims and if needed an amendment in the law will be made...
The party will also ensure that 17 castes are included in the
SC category," Yadav told election meetings in these districts.
Charging Congress with misleading Muslims in the name of
reservation, Yadav said only his government could help the
community in getting their rights.
In Kannauj, he appealed to the voters to get all party
candidates elected as it was parliamentary constituency of SP
state president Akhilesh Yadav.
He said development work took a backseat during the
Mayawati government, which he dubbed as very corrupt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you