Mulayam plays Muslim, Dalit card to woo voters
Kannauj/Farukhabad: Trying to woo
Muslims and Dalits, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Tuesday
promised to pressurise the Centre for quota to backward
Muslims and inclusion of 17 castes in Scheduled Caste list.
"We will pressurise the Centre for ensuring reservation to
Muslims and if needed an amendment in the law will be made...
The party will also ensure that 17 castes are included in the
SC category," Yadav told election meetings in these districts.
Charging Congress with misleading Muslims in the name of
reservation, Yadav said only his government could help the
community in getting their rights.
In Kannauj, he appealed to the voters to get all party
candidates elected as it was parliamentary constituency of SP
state president Akhilesh Yadav.
He said development work took a backseat during the
Mayawati government, which he dubbed as very corrupt.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador