Mulayam plays Muslim, Dalit card to woo voters
Kannauj/Farukhabad: Trying to woo
Muslims and Dalits, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Tuesday
promised to pressurise the Centre for quota to backward
Muslims and inclusion of 17 castes in Scheduled Caste list.
"We will pressurise the Centre for ensuring reservation to
Muslims and if needed an amendment in the law will be made...
The party will also ensure that 17 castes are included in the
SC category," Yadav told election meetings in these districts.
Charging Congress with misleading Muslims in the name of
reservation, Yadav said only his government could help the
community in getting their rights.
In Kannauj, he appealed to the voters to get all party
candidates elected as it was parliamentary constituency of SP
state president Akhilesh Yadav.
He said development work took a backseat during the
Mayawati government, which he dubbed as very corrupt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US