Mulayam will be next CM of UP: Akhilesh
Lucknow: With just a day left for counting of
votes, the Samajwadi Party today said it was hopeful of
getting a majority in Uttar Pradesh and party supremo Mulayam
Singh Yadav will become the next Chief Minister.
"We have a done a lot of hard work to ensure the success
of the party and are hopeful of getting majority," SP state
president Akhilesh Yadav told reporters here.
Asked about the Chief Ministerial candidate of the party,
Akhilesh said that `netaji` (Malayam Singh Yadav) was
"The elected legislators will decide, who will be the
next CM. I think netaji is everyone`s choice and will become
the CM," he said.
About post-poll alliances, Yadav said that the situation
would become clear after the counting and his party.
On Congress leader Beni Prasad Verma`s comment pitching
for support to BSP, Yadav said that it was his views and his
party has to decide on it.
With exit polls predicting a hung Assembly in Uttar
Pradesh, Verma, who quit Samajwadi Party in 2007 following
differences with Mulayam Singh Yadav, said he would personally
prefer BSP to SP, which he dubbed as a "party of goons".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?