Mulayam will be next CM of UP: Akhilesh
Lucknow: With just a day left for counting of
votes, the Samajwadi Party today said it was hopeful of
getting a majority in Uttar Pradesh and party supremo Mulayam
Singh Yadav will become the next Chief Minister.
"We have a done a lot of hard work to ensure the success
of the party and are hopeful of getting majority," SP state
president Akhilesh Yadav told reporters here.
Asked about the Chief Ministerial candidate of the party,
Akhilesh said that `netaji` (Malayam Singh Yadav) was
"The elected legislators will decide, who will be the
next CM. I think netaji is everyone`s choice and will become
the CM," he said.
About post-poll alliances, Yadav said that the situation
would become clear after the counting and his party.
On Congress leader Beni Prasad Verma`s comment pitching
for support to BSP, Yadav said that it was his views and his
party has to decide on it.
With exit polls predicting a hung Assembly in Uttar
Pradesh, Verma, who quit Samajwadi Party in 2007 following
differences with Mulayam Singh Yadav, said he would personally
prefer BSP to SP, which he dubbed as a "party of goons".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre