Mulayam will be next CM of UP: Akhilesh
Lucknow: With just a day left for counting of
votes, the Samajwadi Party today said it was hopeful of
getting a majority in Uttar Pradesh and party supremo Mulayam
Singh Yadav will become the next Chief Minister.
"We have a done a lot of hard work to ensure the success
of the party and are hopeful of getting majority," SP state
president Akhilesh Yadav told reporters here.
Asked about the Chief Ministerial candidate of the party,
Akhilesh said that `netaji` (Malayam Singh Yadav) was
"The elected legislators will decide, who will be the
next CM. I think netaji is everyone`s choice and will become
the CM," he said.
About post-poll alliances, Yadav said that the situation
would become clear after the counting and his party.
On Congress leader Beni Prasad Verma`s comment pitching
for support to BSP, Yadav said that it was his views and his
party has to decide on it.
With exit polls predicting a hung Assembly in Uttar
Pradesh, Verma, who quit Samajwadi Party in 2007 following
differences with Mulayam Singh Yadav, said he would personally
prefer BSP to SP, which he dubbed as a "party of goons".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back