Mulayam will be next CM of UP: Akhilesh
Lucknow: With just a day left for counting of
votes, the Samajwadi Party today said it was hopeful of
getting a majority in Uttar Pradesh and party supremo Mulayam
Singh Yadav will become the next Chief Minister.
"We have a done a lot of hard work to ensure the success
of the party and are hopeful of getting majority," SP state
president Akhilesh Yadav told reporters here.
Asked about the Chief Ministerial candidate of the party,
Akhilesh said that `netaji` (Malayam Singh Yadav) was
"The elected legislators will decide, who will be the
next CM. I think netaji is everyone`s choice and will become
the CM," he said.
About post-poll alliances, Yadav said that the situation
would become clear after the counting and his party.
On Congress leader Beni Prasad Verma`s comment pitching
for support to BSP, Yadav said that it was his views and his
party has to decide on it.
With exit polls predicting a hung Assembly in Uttar
Pradesh, Verma, who quit Samajwadi Party in 2007 following
differences with Mulayam Singh Yadav, said he would personally
prefer BSP to SP, which he dubbed as a "party of goons".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read