Mumbai building collapse: Case registered against two
Mumbai: A case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder has been registered against two shop owners, who operated from the building that partially collapsed in south Mumbai killing a woman, police said.
Shop owner`s Yunus Kasam Memon (60) and Irfan Yusuf Memon (35) own a shop of mobile handset covers on the building Yusuf Manzil, they said.
The two had allegedly added a staircase without seeking permission from the MHADA and the BMC, which led to the front portion of the building to collapse, they said.
Most of the tenants of the building were out offering Ramzan prayers and thus escaped unhurt. However, the landlady of the building, Zubeida Khambati, who suffered grievous head injuries, died in the hospital.
Five others suffered minor injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up