Mumbai building collapse: Case registered against two
Mumbai: A case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder has been registered against two shop owners, who operated from the building that partially collapsed in south Mumbai killing a woman, police said.
Shop owner`s Yunus Kasam Memon (60) and Irfan Yusuf Memon (35) own a shop of mobile handset covers on the building Yusuf Manzil, they said.
The two had allegedly added a staircase without seeking permission from the MHADA and the BMC, which led to the front portion of the building to collapse, they said.
Most of the tenants of the building were out offering Ramzan prayers and thus escaped unhurt. However, the landlady of the building, Zubeida Khambati, who suffered grievous head injuries, died in the hospital.
Five others suffered minor injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation