Mumbai girls win Dubai title for third successive year
Mumbai: Friends United girls hockey team
created waves in Dubai by winning the Lusitanians` Ladies
Invitation Hockey Tournament for the third time in a row.
The Mumbai team outplayed Dubai Hockey Club 3-0 in the
final on Sunday at the Dubai Scholars Ground to win the
eight-team league-cum-knockout competition, according to a
In the run-up to the final, Friends United beat
Lusitanians 6-0 in the opening match, before routing Cambridge
High School 9-0 and Sharjah Tigers 5-0 in the following league
In the semi-finals, the Mumbai club, promoted by former
player Hillary Gomes and trained by former India captain
Dhanraj Pillay, beat Dubai Scholars 4-0.
In the final, Vishakha Dodke scored a brace while
14-year-old Jemima Monteiro scored once to emerge as the
team`s highest scorer, while Nimmy Nair of "Chak De India"
fame was adjudged the `Best Player` of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'