Mumbai Marathon 2011 to be held on Jan 16
Mumbai: The eighth edition of the Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon is scheduled to be held on January 16, 2011.
The prize money for the Mumbai Marathon, which has retained IAAF Gold-label status, has been increased by USD 15,000 and will be USD 3,25,000, the organisers Procam International announced here on Tuesday.
Australia’s former 400-metre Olympic champion Cathy Freeman will be the event ambassador, the organisers said.
“The event continues to enjoy the faith and support of International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and the Association of Marathon and Distance Races (AIMS),” the organisers said.
The full marathon, which begins at the CST and ends at the same venue, has attracted 2,800 entries, while the half-marathon will see 11,000 runners participating. Other races during the event are the Senior Citizens’ run, Dream Run and the Wheelchair event.
The full marathon winners will win USD 36,000 in both men’s and women’s sections, an increase of USD 1,000 from the last edition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'