Muniyappa fires hole-in-one, in joint lead
Mumbai: A stunning hole-in-one was the
highlight of his card as Indian Open champion C Muniyappa
turned in a four-under 49 to be in joint lead after the
opening round of the Crompton Greaves open golf tournament
Muniyappa shares the lead with Kolkata`s Raju Ali Mollah,
Jaipur`s Vishal Singh and Shaquill Shane of the United States.
Manav Jaini, Sandeep Syal, Praduman Singh Guleria and
Feroz Ali Mollah wre one stroke off the pace in tied fifth
The course at the Willingdon Sports Club is undergoing
renovation and being re-turfed. As a result of this, holes 7,
8 and 9 will not be in play for the first two rounds and 15
holes will constitute one stipulated round. The par for the
course in round one and two is 53.
Muniyappa began his day with a bogey on the first but
then rallied with birdies on the fourth and fifth. The
highlight of his round was the hole-in-one on the 147-yard
He then made a 16 feet putt from the edge of the green to
birdie the 10th. Muniyappa went on to drop a bogey on the 11th
as his tee shot found the water. The 32-year-old closed with a
birdie on the 18th.
Mukesh Kumar is tied ninth at two under 51. Anirban
Lahiri, the current PGTI Order of Merit leader, shot a
disappointing four-over 57 to be tied 86th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire