Murray cancels football match
London: British tennis champion Andy Murray has slapped himself with a football ban in a bid to land Wimbledon glory.
The football-mad world No 4 normally gears himself up for a Grand Slam push with a series of kick-abouts with his friends, The Sun reports.
Murray is determined to reach his goal - even if it means temporarily ditching the beautiful game of football.
The British No 1 said: "I like to vary my training to keep it interesting and I play a bit of football because it`s something different. I was going to have a game on the Monday before Wimbledon but I think that is out because of the ankle. I play on the wing but prefer to go up front. I`ve got an eye for a goal."
He added: "But, at the level we are playing at, as everyone always tells me, that`s the easy part because there are so many chances as the defending is horrible. Football is good for you - providing you`re not playing with a bunch of idiots."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic