Murray cancels football match
London: British tennis champion Andy Murray has slapped himself with a football ban in a bid to land Wimbledon glory.
The football-mad world No 4 normally gears himself up for a Grand Slam push with a series of kick-abouts with his friends, The Sun reports.
Murray is determined to reach his goal - even if it means temporarily ditching the beautiful game of football.
The British No 1 said: "I like to vary my training to keep it interesting and I play a bit of football because it`s something different. I was going to have a game on the Monday before Wimbledon but I think that is out because of the ankle. I play on the wing but prefer to go up front. I`ve got an eye for a goal."
He added: "But, at the level we are playing at, as everyone always tells me, that`s the easy part because there are so many chances as the defending is horrible. Football is good for you - providing you`re not playing with a bunch of idiots."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars