Murray cancels football match
London: British tennis champion Andy Murray has slapped himself with a football ban in a bid to land Wimbledon glory.
The football-mad world No 4 normally gears himself up for a Grand Slam push with a series of kick-abouts with his friends, The Sun reports.
Murray is determined to reach his goal - even if it means temporarily ditching the beautiful game of football.
The British No 1 said: "I like to vary my training to keep it interesting and I play a bit of football because it`s something different. I was going to have a game on the Monday before Wimbledon but I think that is out because of the ankle. I play on the wing but prefer to go up front. I`ve got an eye for a goal."
He added: "But, at the level we are playing at, as everyone always tells me, that`s the easy part because there are so many chances as the defending is horrible. Football is good for you - providing you`re not playing with a bunch of idiots."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!