Murray may miss Wimbledon warm-up due to ankle injury
London: British tennis ace Andy Murray fears that his Wimbledon hopes may have been hit by an ankle injury which he picked up during the French Open.
The 24-year-old will assess his condition over the next 48 hours, and may pull out of the Wimbledon warm-up at Queens, which starts on Monday.
“I have to wait and see what happens with Queen’s. I’ll have to see how I feel in the next couple of days when I get off the painkillers and rid of the anti-inflammatories,” The Sun quoted Murray, as saying.
“I will see my physio and talk about the best thing to do. If staying on the anti-inflammatories and the painkillers is right, then I could easily be on the practice court tomorrow. But if it’s best to get off them for a few days, see how everything is really feeling, I might have to take a couple days off and see,” he added.
Murray was dumped out of the French Open by Rafa Nadal in the semi-finals on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!