Murray may miss Wimbledon warm-up due to ankle injury
London: British tennis ace Andy Murray fears that his Wimbledon hopes may have been hit by an ankle injury which he picked up during the French Open.
The 24-year-old will assess his condition over the next 48 hours, and may pull out of the Wimbledon warm-up at Queens, which starts on Monday.
“I have to wait and see what happens with Queen’s. I’ll have to see how I feel in the next couple of days when I get off the painkillers and rid of the anti-inflammatories,” The Sun quoted Murray, as saying.
“I will see my physio and talk about the best thing to do. If staying on the anti-inflammatories and the painkillers is right, then I could easily be on the practice court tomorrow. But if it’s best to get off them for a few days, see how everything is really feeling, I might have to take a couple days off and see,” he added.
Murray was dumped out of the French Open by Rafa Nadal in the semi-finals on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday