Murray may miss Wimbledon warm-up due to ankle injury
London: British tennis ace Andy Murray fears that his Wimbledon hopes may have been hit by an ankle injury which he picked up during the French Open.
The 24-year-old will assess his condition over the next 48 hours, and may pull out of the Wimbledon warm-up at Queens, which starts on Monday.
“I have to wait and see what happens with Queen’s. I’ll have to see how I feel in the next couple of days when I get off the painkillers and rid of the anti-inflammatories,” The Sun quoted Murray, as saying.
“I will see my physio and talk about the best thing to do. If staying on the anti-inflammatories and the painkillers is right, then I could easily be on the practice court tomorrow. But if it’s best to get off them for a few days, see how everything is really feeling, I might have to take a couple days off and see,” he added.
Murray was dumped out of the French Open by Rafa Nadal in the semi-finals on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list