Murray may miss Wimbledon warm-up due to ankle injury
London: British tennis ace Andy Murray fears that his Wimbledon hopes may have been hit by an ankle injury which he picked up during the French Open.
The 24-year-old will assess his condition over the next 48 hours, and may pull out of the Wimbledon warm-up at Queens, which starts on Monday.
“I have to wait and see what happens with Queen’s. I’ll have to see how I feel in the next couple of days when I get off the painkillers and rid of the anti-inflammatories,” The Sun quoted Murray, as saying.
“I will see my physio and talk about the best thing to do. If staying on the anti-inflammatories and the painkillers is right, then I could easily be on the practice court tomorrow. But if it’s best to get off them for a few days, see how everything is really feeling, I might have to take a couple days off and see,” he added.
Murray was dumped out of the French Open by Rafa Nadal in the semi-finals on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!