Murray pulls out of Dubai, cites injury
Singapore: Beaten Australian Open finalist Andy Murray has pulled out of next week`s USD 1.6 million Dubai Open, citing a wrist injury.
"Andy would like to apologise to both the tournament and its fans," a simple two sentence statement on his official website read.
The Scot was last week bumped out of Rotterdam by Marcos Baghdatis, his first match since losing the Australian Open showpiece to Novak Djokovic last month.
That Melbourne defeat was the third time a grand slam final appearance has ended in defeat for the world number five, who is yet to win one of tennis`s four major titles.
His next tournament is now listed as the March 10-20 $605,000 Indian Wells Masters event.
Murray last year came under fire in Dubai for saying after a loss at the tournament that he had employed experimental tactics.
He was beaten by unseeded Janko Tipsarevic after an unusual display in which he charged the net more than usual and went for a greater number of winners.
"I think it was a good learning experience -- if it was a slam, my tactics would have been different," Murray told reporters afterwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani