Murray pulls out of Dubai, cites injury
Singapore: Beaten Australian Open finalist Andy Murray has pulled out of next week`s USD 1.6 million Dubai Open, citing a wrist injury.
"Andy would like to apologise to both the tournament and its fans," a simple two sentence statement on his official website read.
The Scot was last week bumped out of Rotterdam by Marcos Baghdatis, his first match since losing the Australian Open showpiece to Novak Djokovic last month.
That Melbourne defeat was the third time a grand slam final appearance has ended in defeat for the world number five, who is yet to win one of tennis`s four major titles.
His next tournament is now listed as the March 10-20 $605,000 Indian Wells Masters event.
Murray last year came under fire in Dubai for saying after a loss at the tournament that he had employed experimental tactics.
He was beaten by unseeded Janko Tipsarevic after an unusual display in which he charged the net more than usual and went for a greater number of winners.
"I think it was a good learning experience -- if it was a slam, my tactics would have been different," Murray told reporters afterwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report