Murray wins Cincinnati Open after Djokovic quits
Ohio: Britain`s Andy Murray won the Cincinnati Open when his opponent, Serbia`s world number one Novak Djokovic, retired injured.
Murray was leading 6-4, 3-0 when Djokovic, who had received treatment to his right shoulder at the end of the first set, called it quits.
It was just the second defeat this year for Djokovic, whose victories this season included the Australian Open and Wimbledon championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener
- Bad time continues for banks; Kingfisher Airlines brands auction fails again
- Punjab seeks CBI probe in shooting of RSS leader
- French PM Manuel Valls praises economy, says growth target in reach
- Judges must not hesitate to give severest punishment to rapists: Court