Musli Power has deal with Churchill Bros not players: Mgmt
Panaji: Faced with the grim prospect of losing south Asia`s biggest football sponsorship deal over alleged molestation incident, Churchill Brothers management today sought to isolate its team from the actions of individual players.
"Players come and players go, clubs remain. Musli Power Xtra have sponsored Churchill Brothers and not the players individually," Churchill Alemao, patron of the club, told reporters in Margao, seeking to downplay the threat of losing the deal.
Kerala-based Kunnath Pharmaceuticals, whose product Musli Power Xtra has inked a Rs 18 crore sponsorship deal, the biggest in south Asia, with the club, is contemplating a review of the deal after inquiring into Tuesday`s alleged molestation incident involving Churchill Brothers players.
The club management seems on the backfoot after the sponsors insisted on holding an independent inquiry by talking to the victim airhostess, police officials and SpiceJet management.
"The sponsorship is for the team and not for individual players. Odafa is the best player in India now who is playing of us. We had Yakubu earlier. The club will support the players," Alemao, who is also the public works department minister in Digamber Kamat cabinet, said.
"Let the musli power take their own decision considering all the facts," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference