Muslims should give up claim on disputed Ayodhya site: VHP
Ayodhya: A day after its leaders decided to
approach the Supreme Court against the trifurcation of the
Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri mosque disputed site by the Allahabad
High Court, the VHP on Thursday appealed to Muslims to give up their
claim and hand over the entire land for construction of a
grand Ram Temple.
"The faith and beliefs of crores of people is connected
with the Ram Janmabhoomi and Muslims should give up their
claim over it, paving the way for construction of a Ram temple
there," VHP president Ashok Singhal said while addressing a
No new mosque would be acceptable to Hindus within the
"cultural boundary of Ayodhya", he said.
The VHP chief said that over ten thousand saints and fifty
thousand Hindus would take part in two-month-long programmes
including "Hanumat Shakti Jagran Mahayagya" at the Kar
Sewakpuram here from Novemeber 19 in order pressurise the
Central Government to enact a law for giving the entire land
for construction of a Ram temple.
Playing down objections raised by Nrimohi Akhara, the main
litigant in the Ayodhya title suit, over the VHP`s decision
that the temple would be constructed by their Ram Janmbhoomi
Nyas, Singhal said that its role would be confined only to
construction of the temple.
The Nirmohi Akhara had said yesterday that the temple
would be constructed by its Ramjnmabhoomi Nyas and that the
VHP`s Nyas had no locus standi in the construction.
However, Singhal said there was no friction with the
Akhara, and blamed Congress persons and Muslims for spreading
rumours in this regard.
"There can be no row between the Nirmohi Akhara and
the VHP as the former is always respected by all of us," he
said, adding that the Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas was set up in 1984
by Ramanandancharya Shivramacharya and it was this Nyas which
has given shape to the temple movement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them