Mussolini`s brain, blood `stolen for sale on eBay`
London: Italian dictator Benito Mussolini’s brain and blood were reportedly offered for sale on eBay – but were later removed from the listing.
Apparently, the body was stolen from a hospital in Milan where the autopsy of the leader was conducted, after he got killed at the end of the Second World War.
The item had 15,000 euros price tag on it, but couldn’t be sold as the online auctioneer does not allow the sale of body parts on its website.
It was removed from the listing few hours after it was posted.
Also, Benito Mussolini`s granddaughter Alessandra, a right-wing MP, has filed for a police investigation.
"I was advised this morning that pieces of my grandfather`s brain and some of his blood were being sold on eBay for 15,000 euros,” a news daily quoted her as saying.
She added: "This is very serious, these are the kinds of things we have to guard against."
She further revealed that the remains were contained in three glass vials.
Meanwhile, Policlinico hospital has claimed that all samples of the fascist leader had been destroyed in 1947.
Anti-fascist partisans had killed Mussolini and dangled his body from a petrol station on 28th April 1945.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family