My actions will show I can develop UP: Rahul
Etah: Accusing the SP and BSP of
betraying the people after coming to power in Uttar Pradesh,
Rahul Gandhi on Sunday said that he does not need to make "false
promises" like them and his actions will show what he can
bring development in the state.
"I am 41 years old...I have time. I do not need to make
promises, I can show I can work for the state...," the
Congress general secretary said while addressing an election
"You have been electing these parties to power for
past 22 years. They make promises of providing electricity and
water but forget it later.
They (SP and BSP) will again betray
you if voted to power," Rahul said.
Asking people to vote for Congress, he pledged to make the
state developed in next five years if his party was voted to
"In the past 22 years, non-Congress governments were
only involved in corruption and scams", he alleged and asked
BSP chief Mayawati and SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav whether
they have visited any villages in the past few years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred