My fight is not for any post: Rahul Gandhi
Bhadohi/Jaunpur: Congress general secretary
Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday said his fight is not for any post but to
take the voice of the people to the government.
"Yesterday, during the press conference at Varanasi, I
was asked whether I want to become the Prime Minister or not.
Many people and some political leaders also ask me the same
"For me politics is not for securing any post. That is
what I learnt in the past seven years," he told a string of
"Politics for me is to go to the villages, listen to the
people, sit with them, hold their hands, enquire about their
difficulties and take up their issues," Rahul said.
"Politics does not mean posts... posts lead to distance.
....these posts take the shape of walls," he told the
"Kanshi Ramji was doing well in the beginning. Mulayam
Singhji and Mayawatiji were also performing well at the start
of their political careers.
"But after becoming the Chief Minister, Mayawatiji built
a 40-ft wall around her house," Rahul said.
The Congress leader ridiculed BJP`s `India Shining`
slogan saying those espousing such an idea never visited the
poor in the villages and understood their plight.
He asked whether BJP leader LK Advani, Mayawati or
Mulayam ever dined with the poor in villages or held hands of
workers, asking them about their well-being in the past five
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH