My partnership with Drogba will be a hit: Torres
London: Striker Fernando Torres, who had a bad time since joining Chelsea, has insisted that his partnership with Didier Drogba will soon be a big hit.
Torres, 27, came under fire after joining Chelsea in January for a record transfer fee of 50 million pounds. The Spaniard scored just one goal in 18 outings and was widely blamed for Chelsea’s failed bid to retain the Premier League title, A newspaper reports.
Torres said: “For me the past season was the worst since I arrived in England. The injury I sustained at the end the World Cup damaged my performance and made things more complicated than at any time in my career.
“Twelve goals in all in a season is nothing for me. Never during the season did I play to 100 per cent, neither for Liverpool or Chelsea. So I prefer to forget what happened. But I am not sorry I signed for Chelsea. I am convinced that when the Chelsea machine is at its full rhythm we will be very difficult to beat.”
Torres is convinced that his link with Drogba will improve beyond measure.
“I do not have problems with Drogba. Sincerely, I am very connected with Didier. He is a sensational footballer and our possible rivalry is positive for Chelsea. I see many goals coming and that will give us significant success. Manchester United are the champions but I insist that we are the main candidates to take their title,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29