My partnership with Drogba will be a hit: Torres
London: Striker Fernando Torres, who had a bad time since joining Chelsea, has insisted that his partnership with Didier Drogba will soon be a big hit.
Torres, 27, came under fire after joining Chelsea in January for a record transfer fee of 50 million pounds. The Spaniard scored just one goal in 18 outings and was widely blamed for Chelsea’s failed bid to retain the Premier League title, A newspaper reports.
Torres said: “For me the past season was the worst since I arrived in England. The injury I sustained at the end the World Cup damaged my performance and made things more complicated than at any time in my career.
“Twelve goals in all in a season is nothing for me. Never during the season did I play to 100 per cent, neither for Liverpool or Chelsea. So I prefer to forget what happened. But I am not sorry I signed for Chelsea. I am convinced that when the Chelsea machine is at its full rhythm we will be very difficult to beat.”
Torres is convinced that his link with Drogba will improve beyond measure.
“I do not have problems with Drogba. Sincerely, I am very connected with Didier. He is a sensational footballer and our possible rivalry is positive for Chelsea. I see many goals coming and that will give us significant success. Manchester United are the champions but I insist that we are the main candidates to take their title,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days